Get an overview of this hotel1920s San Diego landmark bordering Gaslamp Quarter
Collect 400 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +Platinum members receive free room upgrades and +Platinum and +gold members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Ideal downtown location
The Courtyard by Marriott San Diego lies next to the historic Gaslamp Quarter and trolley stop, 2 blocks from Horton Plaza, and 8 blocks from the San Diego Convention Center.
Formerly a renowned bank, the building's original features, including the original 47,000 pound vault door, can be seen in the meeting rooms, and in the marble and walnut ornamentation.
Urban ambiance, timeless charm
Guest rooms blend sophisticated comfort with timeless charm. Rooms offer complimentary Internet access, refrigerators, microwaves and signature bedding.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown
The 15-story Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown-Gaslamp is adjacent to the historic Gaslamp Quarter and two blocks from Horton Plaza shopping. The hotel features opulent public areas and a contemporary restaurant and bar.
A complimentary business center and 24-hour fitness center are also on site. Fresh coffee is served daily in the hotel lobby.
Complimentary wireless Internet access is provided in the lobby area, and a computer station with Internet is available.
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Free WiFi
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Billiards or pool table
- Computer station
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 15
- Total number of rooms - 245
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1928
- Conference space size (meters) - 325
- Snack bar/deli
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Meeting rooms 5
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 3500
- Television in common areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Snack bar/deli
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Wired high-speed internet ( USD 0.00 per stay )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Coffee/tea maker
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Premium bedding
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Cable TV service
- Pillowtop mattress
- Free WiFi
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free wired high-speed Internet
Where to Eat
The Lobby – Californian restaurant serving a daily breakfast, lunch and light fare. Happy hour is available in the bar.
A cafe and snack bar can also be found on site, and room service is available from early morning until late evening.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel provides 24-hour fitness facilities. Numerous recreational opportunities are available at San Diego beaches, Mission Bay Aquatic parks, local parks, and other venues.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 15 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 0.00 per stay (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15 per night
- Courtyard Marriott Downtown-Gaslamp
- Courtyard Marriott Downtown-Gaslamp Hotel
- Courtyard Marriott Downtown-Gaslamp Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard Marriott San Diego Downtown-Gaslamp
- Marriott San Diego Downtown-Gaslamp
- Courtyard Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard Marriott San Diego Downtown
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Courtyard
- San Diego Marriott
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.