Get an overview of this hotelVictorian-style hotel in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter
Collect 200 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Popular property highlights
Heart of Gaslamp
This recently renovated 4-story hotel is within 4 blocks of PETCO Park, the San Diego Convention Center, Horton Plaza shopping, and 100 restaurants and bars; Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo are a 2-minute drive away.
Palace Bar lounge features cocktails and beverages from late afternoon.
The Horton Grand Hotel's individually decorated guestrooms feature Victorian-style furnishings with armoires; complimentary wireless Internet access and gas-burning, marble-framed fireplaces.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Horton Grand Hotel
The Horton Grand Hotel is 3 blocks from the San Diego Convention Center, 4 blocks from Horton Plaza's shops and restaurants, and 4 blocks from PETCO Park.
This Victorian-style hotel reflects its Gaslamp Quarter location. Guestrooms are accessed via an authentic, hand-carved wood staircase or a glass-enclosed elevator. A small museum, off the main lobby, features memorabilia and Victorian-era photos. Conference space is available; the Horton Grand Theatre seats 250 people. Complimentary wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel. The hotel also features a 24-hour business center and 7 meeting rooms.
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 7
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 132
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 4
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (meters) - 2115
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (feet) - 22766
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Year Built 1986
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Individually decorated
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free WiFi
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
Where to Eat
Ida Bailey's - Open daily from 6:30 AM to 10 PM for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Restaurant features seating indoor and outside in our open air courtyard.
Palace Bar - Open daily from 11 AM to midnight. Live entertainment Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Lounge features a baby grand piano, period decor and a wall fresco. Patio seating and happy hour prices are available.
The Palace Bar hosts live music every Friday and Saturday evening.
Nearby Things to Do
Five blocks away, the Embarcadero recreation area offers jogging trails and bike, boat, and kayak rentals. Within 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) of the hotel are the 1,200-acre Balboa Park with 2 golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service animals are allowed
No cribs (infant beds) available
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Breakfast fee: between USD 6 and USD 12 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42 per night (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Grand Horton
- Grand Horton Hotel
- Horton Grand
- Horton Grand Hotel
- Horton Grand Hotel San Diego
- Horton Grand San Diego
- Horton Hotel
- Hotel Horton
- The Horton Grand Hotel San Diego
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.