Get an overview of this hotelLavishly restored grandeur in heart of San Diego
Collect 200 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Popular property highlights
The palatial US Grant is in the center of downtown San Diego, facing the Westfield Horton Plaza retail and entertainment complex, and adjacent to the Gaslamp Quarter's vibrant nightlife and myriad restaurants.
Beaux Arts architecture and contemporary design sets the stage for the grand lobby adorned with crystal chandeliers, marble floors, hand carved ceilings, and original artwork.
A great night's sleep begins with a pillowtop mattress and Italian linens. Plush carpeting, LCD televisions, luxurious bath amenities, and twice daily housekeeping services add to the comfort at The US Grant - A Luxury Collection Hotel.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego
Centrally located in downtown San Diego, the US Grant - A Luxury Collection Hotel is adjacent to the Westfield Horton Plaza entertainment complex and Gaslamp Quarter.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the US Grant - A Luxury Collection Hotel was built in 1910 by Ulysses S. Grant Jr. in honor of his father. Despite its history, several modern amenities have been outfitted throughout. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas and meeting space totaling 33,000 square feet (2,700 square meters) includes ballrooms, exhibit space, and a 24-hour business center. Professional conference coordinators, wedding planners, and an audiovisual department provide expert service.
Additionally, a 24-hour fitness facility is complimentary to guests and includes personal training programs. Additional fees may apply for personal training programs. Soothing treatments and services such reflexology and Swedish massages are available at the spa suite. Some services are available in-room.
The hotel restaurant, Grant Grill Restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner, has a Zagat rating of 23 and includes a lounge with live music on some evenings. The Grant Grill Lounge is an award-winning bar, famous for its 100-Day Aged Centennial Manhattan. Guests can also enjoy 24-hour room service.
This hotel is entirely smoke-free (fines apply for smoke-free violations).
- 24-hour front desk
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Conference space
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Concierge services
- Shopping on site
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 11
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 21
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 270
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 3066
- Conference space size (feet) - 33000
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Wedding services
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1910
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting rooms - 22
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95-14.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( USD 9.95-14.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95-14.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 9.95-14.95 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Pay movies
- Iron/ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Free toiletries
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Free bottled water
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Digital TV service
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- In-room massage available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
Where to Eat
Grant Grill Restaurant - This tasty venue provides regional Californian cuisine, a fusion of local and market-fresh produce, and grilled specialties. Serving breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner while happy hour is available Sunday through Thursday at the Grant Grill Lounge. Live entertainment is provided Thursday through Sunday. Please note that some meals may not be served daily. A private dining room can be requested.
24-hour room service is available, including a late night menu.
Live entertainment in the Grant Grill Lounge is available Thursday to Saturday evenings, starting at 8 PM and includes jazz, blues, pop, and rock music.
Weekly tours are also offered upon request, curated by the Concierge. Topics that may include Art, Architecture, and History US Grant Hotel.
Nearby Things to Do
The US Grant offers a 24-hour fitness center with treadmills, elliptical trainers, stationary bicycles, and other equipment. Personal training and several classes, such as Yoga and Pilates, are available (10-day advance notice required). Complimentary bottled water and towels are provided. Guests also have access to a neighboring property's pool.
This downtown San Diego hotel is 11 blocks from the Embarcadero's jogging and cycling paths and boat-rental facilities, 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) from Balboa Park, and 8 miles (12.9 kilometers) from ocean beaches. Guests can take advantage of nearby ecotours. A bowling alley, scooter/moped rentals, and segway rentals/tours are available nearby.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Snorkeling nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Boat tours nearby
- Hot stone massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sports massage
- Number of treatment rooms 1
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.00 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 150 per pet, per night
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 35 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95-14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95-14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95-14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 9.95-14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 49.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 150 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.00 per stay
- GRANT US
- US GRANT
- US GRANT Luxury Collection
- US GRANT Luxury Collection Hotel
- US GRANT Luxury Collection Hotel San Diego
- US GRANT Luxury Collection San Diego
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).