Visiting Samut Prakan
Visitors can enjoy all that Samut Prakan has to offer including the temples, gardens and seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its zoo. Top sights around the area include Mega Bangna, Emporium and Rajamangala Stadium.
- You'll find 3455 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Bangkok
- The closest major airport is in Bangkok (BKK-Suvarnabhumi Intl.), 11 mi (17.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bangkok (DMK-Don Mueang Intl.), 25.2 mi (40.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Samut Prakan
Attractions like Samutprakarn Crocodile Farm and Zoo and Bangpu Recreation Center are fun for everyone, not just kids. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Muang Boran and Erawan Museum.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Samut Prakan. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Coco Hotel - This 3-star hotel in Bang Na features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and quiet location.
- The Color Living Hotel - Our customers like the quiet location and WiFi at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Mueang Samut Prakan District features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Theorie Hotel Sukhumvit 107 - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Bang Na can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Mega Bangna, 6.3 mi/10.1 km from the heart of the city, and Emporium, which is 13.2 mi (21.2 km) away.
Getting around Samut Prakan
Head to Samrong BTS Station to catch the metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Samut Prakan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 35°C and the night-time average to be 20°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 35°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 20°C at night
- About 1387 millimetres of rain falls on Samut Prakan each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 35°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 21°C