Search Salzburg Hotels, Salzburg
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 11 Feb 2020
Where to stay in Salzburg
City Centre Salzburg
4.5/5Wonderful!(128 area reviews)
Gourmet restaurants interesting history and top sights from Mirabell Palace and Gardens to Mirabell Gardens – discover City Centre Salzburg, a destination also famous for its shopping.
5/5Exceptional!(35 area reviews)
Historical sites, museums and live music highlight some of the noteworthy features of Altstadt. Make a stop by Salzburg Cathedral or Mozart's Birthplace while you're exploring the neighbourhood.
4.5/5Wonderful!(2 area reviews)
Notable for its historical sites, lake views and live music, Leopoldskron-Moos is a sought-after destination for many travellers visiting Salzburg. If you want to see some sights in the area, check out Hangar-7 or Hellbrunn Palace.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Salzburg, and visitors give high marks for the local tours, live music scene and abundant cafes. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, gardens and shopping. Top sights in the city include Mozart's Birthplace, Salzburg Museum and Salzburg Cathedral.
- There are 179 hotels and other accommodation options in Salzburg
- The closest major airport is in Salzburg (SZG-W.A. Mozart), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Salzburg
The city is well known for its live music and museums, and cultural venues include Mozart's Birthplace, Salzburg Museum and Salzburger Landestheater. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Salzburg Cathedral, St. Francis Church, and Mirabell Palace and Gardens. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Mirabell Gardens and Kapuzinerberg Hill.
Other top sights in Salzburg include Fortress Hohensalzburg and Hellbrunn Palace. Outside the city, top places to visit include Eagle's Nest, located 13.1 mi (21 km) from the heart of the city, and Church of St. Michael, which is 14.7 mi/23.6 km away.
Getting around Salzburg
With so many transport options, exploring all of Salzburg is a breeze. Head to Salzburg Aigen S-Bahn for metro transport. To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Salzburg Central Station or Salzburg Gnigl Station.
Dressing for Salzburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Salzburg is 696.50 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -3°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Salzburg?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Salzburg, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Salzburg?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Salzburg?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Salzburg?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Salzburg?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Salzburg?
What's the best luxury hotel in Salzburg?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Salzburg?
What's the best hotel in Salzburg to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Salzburg?
Salzburg Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Salzburg by Star Rating
- Hotels near Salzburg Airports
- Areas of Salzburg
- Accommodation near Salzburg Attractions
- More accommodation types in Salzburg
- Choose Your Salzburg Hotel Style
- Search Salzburg Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Salzburg
- Hotels Near Salzburg, Salzburg
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends