Families will find kid-friendly activities in Salina, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, shopping and entertainment.
- There are 50 hotels and other accommodation options in Salina
- The closest major airport is in Salina, KS (SLN-Salina Municipal), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manhattan, KS (MHK-Manhattan Regional), 54.4 mi (87.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salina
The city is well known for its festivals and museums, and cultural venues include Greyhound Hall of Fame, Birger Sandzen Memorial Gallery and Eisenhower Center. Favourite family attractions include Kenwood Cove Water Park and Rolling Hills Wildlife Adventure. Notable city landmarks like Fox–Watson Theater Building and Seelye Mansion might be worth a visit.
In New Cambria, there are 50 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Rosberg House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hilton Garden Inn Salina - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Salina - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Salina
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -6°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- About 801 millimetres of rain falls on Salina each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C