Visitors are sure to enjoy all Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer has to offer including its horse riding. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, monuments and spas. Around the area, top sights include Camargue Regional Nature Park, Constance Tower and Port-Camargue.
- You'll find 452 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Arles
- The closest major airport is in Nimes (FNI-Garons), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Montpellier (MPL-Montpellier - Mediterranean), 25.1 mi (40.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer
The city's natural beauty is on display at Camargue Regional Nature Park, Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer Beach and Parc Ornithologique de Pont de Gau. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Church of Saintes-Maries and Museum Baroncelli.
In Le Grau-Du-Roi, you'll find 119 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel Le Fangassier - Amenities in this 2-star hotel room include free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- L'Estelle en Camargue - Our customers like the pool at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Hôtel les Rizières - This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Constance Tower, 14.4 mi/23.3 km from the city centre, and Abbey de Montmajour, which is 21.1 mi/34 km away.
Dressing for Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer is 22 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C