Families will find kid-friendly activities in Roswell, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rivers, entertainment choices and gardens. Top sights around the area include Perimeter Mall, SunTrust Park and Cumberland Mall.
- You'll find 1898 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Atlanta
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 20.6 mi (33.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Roswell
The city's cultural venues include Teaching Museum North and Red Door Playhouse. The city is notable for landmarks like Archibald Smith Plantation Home, Primrose Cottage and Bulloch Hall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chattahoochee Nature Center and Brookfield Country Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Roswell. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Roswell / Alpharetta - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and quiet location.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta - Roswell - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Atlanta/Roswell - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable beds.
Popular places to see around the area include Perimeter Mall, 8.5 mi/13.6 km from the heart of the city, and SunTrust Park, which is 12.1 mi/19.5 km away.
Dressing for Roswell
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- Average annual rainfall for Roswell is 1346 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 1°C