Visitors will appreciate the beaches, restaurants, and sporting events in Rochester. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its museums, boating, and live music.
- Though not directly in Rochester, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional), 8.4 mi (13.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Rochester
- Top activities include exploring the waterfront and boating, while Buttonwood Park Zoo and Massasoit State Park are sights to visit
- Museums and live music are well-known in the area, and attractions include New Bedford Museum of Glass, New Bedford Whaling Museum, and New Bedford Art Museum
- The beach and seaside highlight the natural beauty, and Ned's Point Lighthouse, Myles Standish State Forest, and Fort Phoenix State Reservation are some places worth a visit
Getting around Rochester
Rochester has plenty of options for transportation. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transportation.
Dressing for Rochester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be -8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July through September averages 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Rochester is 1330 millimetres