Visitors can enjoy all that Rijswijk has to offer including the spas, churches and coffee shops. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Oude Kerk, Nieuwe Kerk and Binnenhof are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 370 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of The Hague
- The closest major airport is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 26.3 mi (42.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rijswijk
A favourite place to visit in the city is Gallery Arti-Shock. Additionally, in the area you'll find Oude Kerk and Nieuwe Kerk.
Below is a top-rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Restaurant, Hotel & Spa Savarin - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Binnenhof, 3 mi/4.8 km from the heart of the city, and Noordeinde Palace, which is 3.2 mi (5.1 km) away.
Getting around Rijswijk
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Rijswijk Station. Rijswijk may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Rijswijk
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Rijswijk gets about 827.80 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C