History buffs will enjoy a visit to Gent, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums, monuments, and library. Visitors who journey to this welcoming, walkable city can discover its restaurants, theatres, and bars.
- Though not directly in Gent, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- November is the most expensive month to travel here, while March tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Antwerp (ANR-Antwerp Intl.), 32.7 mi (52.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Gent
- Theatres and museums are well-known in the area, and attractions include Capitole Theatre, Minard Theatre, and Vooruit Arts Centre
- Notable for its historic sites, monuments, library, and landmarks such as Castle of Gerald the Devil, Episcopal Palace, and Small Beguinage Ghent
Staying in Gent
You might like Design B&B Logid'enri, averaging GBP 134 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Design B&B Logid'enri with a 4.8 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Gent
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July through September averages 22°C during the day and 12°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Gent gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year