Visitors can enjoy all that Rathmullan has to offer including the spas, university setting and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, restaurants and museums. Top sights around the area include Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial, Tower Museum and Derry City Walls.
- There are 91 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Letterkenny (LTR-Letterkenny Airfield), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rathmullan
A couple of favourite places to visit are Rathmullan House and Rathmullan Heritage Centre. Additionally, in the area you'll find Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial and Tower Museum.
As you make plans for a getaway to Rathmullan, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city centre but there are 34 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Peaceful, Comforable Cottage is located 2.8 mi (4.6 km) from the heart of Rathmullan. This 3-star hotel in Letterkenny features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- McGettigan's Hotel Letterkenny is 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from central Rathmullan. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Letterkenny can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny is 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the centre of Rathmullan. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Letterkenny can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Derry City Walls, located 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Rathmullan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Rathmullan each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C