Get an overview of this hotelLuxurious slopeside hotel with a full-service spa
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Located in the city centre, this ski-in/ski-out hotel in Old Quebec is within a 5-minute walk of Musee du Fort and Place Royale, and is convenient for winter sports, such as cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Citadelle of Quebec and Parliament Building are also within 1 mile (2 km).
Ski into Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, where you can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge and comforts including an indoor pool and a full-service spa.
All 611 properties offer WiFi, wired Internet and LCD televisions. Guests will also find minibars, room service (during limited hours) and premium bedding.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
After a day on the slopes, indulge in a treatment at the full-service spa or soothe your muscles in the hot tub. This hotel's ski shuttle (surcharge) will get you to the slopes in no time. Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac helps provide the perfect ski holiday with ski storage and shopping on site. At the end of the day, order après-ski drinks at one of the hotel's 2 bars/lounges.
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 3 restaurants, and guests can grab a coffee at the coffee shop/café. Wireless Internet access is available at a surcharge. This luxury hotel also offers an indoor pool, a children's pool and a health club. Parking is available on-site at a surcharge.
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Babysitting or childcare
- Ski shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Conference space
- Business center
- Meeting rooms 23
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1893
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Smoke-free property
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Ski storage
- Ski-in/ski-out access
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 611
- Number of floors - 18
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 16 per night ), Wireless internet access ( CAD 16 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( CAD 15 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 11:30 AM.
The Champlain Restaurant – This restaurant specialises in French cuisine and serves brunch and dinner. A children's menu is available. Open daily.
1608 Wine and Cheese Bar – This wine bar specialises in French cuisine and only serves light fare. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
Bistro Le Sam – This bistro specialises in French cuisine and serves lunch, dinner and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
Place Dufferin – This restaurant specialises in regional cuisine and only serves breakfast.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
An indoor pool, a children's pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include ski-in/ski-out access, a health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Snowboarding nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
Spa du Chateau has 6 treatment rooms and outdoor treatment areas. Services include facials, body wraps, body treatments and manicures and pedicures. The spa is equipped with a spa tub and a steam room. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Prenatal massage
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 6
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 3:30 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 30.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of CAD 50 per accommodation, per night.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CAD32.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 16 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 16 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Self-parking fee: CAD36 per day
- Valet parking fee: CAD36.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD50 per accommodation, per night
- Refrigerator fee: CAD35.00 per day
- In-room microwave fee: CAD35.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD30.00 per night
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Hotel
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Quebec
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Quebec City
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec/Quebec City
- Quebec City Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Quebec City
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveller Hot List and the 2014 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.