Families will find kid-friendly activities in Quarteira, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its water parks. Top sights in the city include Aqua Show Park, Quarteira Beach and Vilamoura Beach.
- There are 274 hotels and other accommodation options in Quarteira
- The closest major airport is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Portimao (PRM), 27.6 mi (44.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Quarteira
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Quarteira Beach, Vilamoura Beach and Vale do Lobo Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aqua Show Park and Praia de Forte Novo.
In Vilamoura, you can choose from 274 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aquashow Park Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Hotel Zodiaco - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Quarteirasol - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Vilamoura Marina, 1.8 mi/2.9 km from the heart of the city, and Falesia Beach, which is 3.2 mi (5.2 km) away.
Dressing for Quarteira
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- About 672.60 millimetres of rain falls on Quarteira each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°C