Visitors to Puntarenas are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours. A top sight in the city is Puntarenas Beach.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodation options in Puntarenas
- The closest major airport is in Tambor (TMU), 21.2 mi (34.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 41.1 mi (66.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Puntarenas
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Puntarenas Beach and Victoria Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Puntarenas Pier and Puntarenas Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 32 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Puntarenas. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Las Brisas - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Puerto Azul Boutique Resort & Marina - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Puntarenas Beach - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Puntarenas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 28°C and the night-time average to be 16°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Puntarenas gets about 1848 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 16°C