Visiting Prince George
Visitors to Prince George are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's its breweries, rivers and university setting.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodation options in Prince George
- The closest major airport is in Prince George, BC (YXS), 5.1 mi (8.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Prince George
Cultural venues in the city include Prince George Railway and Forestry Museum, Prince George Playhouse and Exploration Place Museum and Science Centre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Forests for the World, Fort George Park and Cottonwood Island Park. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Northern British Columbia is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Prince George. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Prince George - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and central location.
- Four Points By Sheraton Prince George - Our customers like the central location and WiFi at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Coast Prince George Hotel by APA - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Getting around Prince George
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Prince George Station. Prince George might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Prince George
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -15°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and -13°C as the night-time average
- Prince George gets about 19 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -13°C