Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Pottenstein, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, bars, and museums. Visitors who journey to this welcoming, walkable city can discover its monuments, festivals, and shopping.
- Though not directly in Pottenstein, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Nuremberg (NUE-Nuremberg Airport), 24.5 mi (39.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Pottenstein
- Taking an adventure tour is a top activity, and Tierpark Rohrensee is one place to visit
- Known for its museums, festivals, and opera, including cultural attractions such as Frankische Schweiz Museum, Richard Wagner Museum, and Margrave's Opera House
- Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks to visit include Pottenstein Castle, Leienfels Castle Ruins, and Goessweinstein Castle
- The natural beauty of the gardens is picturesque, and places to visit include Devil's Cave, Sophie’s Cave, and Oswald Cave
Pottenstein is 24.6 mi (39.7 km) from Bamberg. Popular sights in the area include Bayreuth Festival Theater and Rosenmullerhohle.
Dressing for Pottenstein
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, while the average at night is 1°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 23°C with nighttime averages of 7°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and nighttime averages of -2°C
- About 24 millimetres of rain falls on Pottenstein each year