Families will find kid-friendly activities in Potsdam, and visitors give high marks for the university vibe. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its restaurants and cafes.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Potsdam
- The closest major airport is in Massena, NY (MSS-Massena Intl.), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Ogdensburg, NY (OGS-Ogdensburg Intl.), 28.1 mi (45.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Potsdam
University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include State University of New York-Potsdam and Clarkson University. In the area, you'll also find Higley Flow State Park and St. Lawrence Power And Equipment Museum.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Potsdam. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Maple Rock Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Northern Family Motel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Scottish Inns Potsdam - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Potsdam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 7°C and the night-time average to be -15°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and -14°C at night
- About 888.10 millimetres of rain falls on Potsdam each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -14°C