Visitors can enjoy all that Portsalon has to offer including the golf courses and beaches. A top sight in the area is Malin Head.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Portsalon
- The closest major airport is in Letterkenny (LTR-Letterkenny Airfield), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 22.9 mi (36.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Portsalon
The picturesque setting of Portsalon Beach and Fanad Head exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Portsalon Golf Club to your agenda.
As you make plans for a getaway to Portsalon, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city centre but you'll find 36 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Duntinney House is located 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the heart of Portsalon. This 3-star hotel in Letterkenny features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Group of Irish Cottages by the sea is 2 mi (3.2 km) from central Portsalon. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Letterkenny can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- 4 Minutes From Portsalon Beach. 5 Bedroom Home Near the Wild Atlantic Way is 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the centre of Portsalon. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Letterkenny can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Malin Head, 14.6 mi/23.5 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Portsalon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Portsalon is 31 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C