Search Hotels in Portimao
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Portimao, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its golf courses, casinos and spas. Around the area, top sights include Rocha Beach, Meia Praia Beach and Marinha Beach.
- There are 739 hotels and other accommodation options in Portimao
- The closest major airport is in Portimao (PRM), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 32.2 mi (51.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Portimao
The city is notable for landmarks like Alvor Boardwalk, Jesuit College Church and Fort of Santa Catarina. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Rocha Beach, Vau Beach and Tres Irmaos Beach. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and golfing, while Portimao Marina, Algarve International Autodrome Raceway and Portimao Arena are favourite sights to visit.
Top places to visit around the area include Meia Praia Beach, located 7 mi (11.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Marinha Beach, which is 7.5 mi (12 km) away.
Getting around Portimao
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Portimao is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Portimao Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Portimao
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 20°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 8°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 9°C as the night-time average
- Portimao gets about 672.60 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Portimao?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Portimao, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Portimao?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Portimao?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Portimao?
What's the best all-inclusive hotel in Portimao?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly accommodation in Portimao?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Portimao?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Portimao?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Portimao?
What's the best boutique hotel in Portimao?
Portimao Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Portimao by Star Rating
- Hotels near Portimao Airports
- Areas of Portimao
- Accommodation near Portimao Attractions
- More accommodation types in Portimao
- Choose Your Portimao Hotel Style
- Search Portimao Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Portimao
- Hotels Near Portimao, Faro District
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends