Visiting Port Colborne
Visitors can enjoy all that Port Colborne has to offer including the waterfront and waterfalls. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture. Around the area, top sights include Horseshoe Falls, Fallsview Casino and Cave of the Winds.
- You'll find 628 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Niagara Falls, Canada
- The closest major airport is in Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Colborne
The city's cultural venues include Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum and Showboat Festival Theatre. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lake Erie, Nickel Beach and Humberstone Marsh Conservation Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Emerald Pines Golf Club and Humberstone Speedway.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Port Colborne. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Seaway Motel is located 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Port Colborne can enjoy access to free parking and free WiFi.
- Sherkston Shores RV Resort is 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city's heart. Located in Port Colborne, this 2.5-star cottage features a kitchen, free WiFi and a balcony.
- Canalside Restaurant, Inn & Kitchen store is located within 3.4 mi (5.5 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Port Colborne can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia travellers love its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit in the area include Horseshoe Falls, located 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city centre, and Fallsview Casino, which is 13 mi/20.9 km away.
Dressing for Port Colborne
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -10°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -8°C as the night-time average
- About 777.70 millimetres of rain falls on Port Colborne each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -9°C