Visiting Port Arthur
Visitors to Port Arthur are sure to enjoy the port, restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, live music and local tours. A top sight in the area is Ford Park.
- You'll find 90 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Beaumont
- The closest major airport is in Beaumont, TX (BPT-Southeast Texas Regional), 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Beaumont, TX (BMT-Beaumont Municipal), 21.5 mi (34.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Arthur
Exploring the port is a top activity, and Babe Zaharias Golf Course is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are London Bridge Park and Sabine Lake.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Port Arthur. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites PORT ARTHUR - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Towneplace Suites Beaumont Port Arthur - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Arthur - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Ford Park, 17.4 mi/28 km from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Port Arthur
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 13°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 34°C with night-time averages of 19°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- Average annual rainfall for Port Arthur is 1538 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 7°C