Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 25 Aug 2020
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Pontefract, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and countryside, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Townclose Hills Local Nature Reserve, Temple Newsam House and National Coal Mining Museum.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Pontefract
- The closest major airport is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 21 mi (33.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pontefract
Notable city landmarks like Pontefract Castle and All Saints Church might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pontefract Racecourse and Hemsworth Water Park and Playworld.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Pontefract. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Kyte Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Barley Mow Hotel - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Popular places to visit in the area include Townclose Hills Local Nature Reserve, 8.6 mi/13.8 km from the city centre, and Temple Newsam House, which is 11.3 mi (18.2 km) away.
Getting around Pontefract
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Fitzwilliam Station, Featherstone Station or Pontefract Baghill Station. Pontefract might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Pontefract
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 559.40 millimetres of rain falls on Pontefract each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Pontefract?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Pontefract, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Pontefract?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Pontefract?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Pontefract?
What's the best golf hotel in Pontefract?
Pontefract Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Pontefract by Star Rating
- Hotels near Pontefract Airports
- Accommodation near Pontefract Attractions
- More accommodation types in Pontefract
- Choose Your Pontefract Hotel Style
- Search Pontefract Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Pontefract
- Hotels Near Pontefract, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends