Travellers to Pokhara give high marks for the lakeside setting and magnificent mountain views. Relaxing and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its temples.
- There are 357 hotels and other accommodation options in Pokhara
- The closest major airport is in Pokhara (PKR), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Pokhara
The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Barahi Temple, World Peace Stupa, and Ratna Mandir. The hiking trails, lakes and mountains highlight the city's natural beauty, and Devi's Fall, Annapurna Conservation Area and Mahendra Cave are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pokhara International Mountain Museum and Bindhyabasini Temple.
In Dhampus, there are 357 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Temple Tree Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
- The Silver Oaks Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Spring - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Pokhara
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 28°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Pokhara is 873.50 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 3°C