Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, museums, and beer in Plzen. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts visitors with its monuments, bars, and shopping.
- There are 20 Plzen hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Prague (PRG-Vaclav Havel), 47.1 mi (75.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Plzen
- Well-known for its museums and attractions such as West Bohemian Museum, Brewery Museum, and Pilsner Urquell Brewery
- Its monuments and cathedrals are notable and landmarks to visit include Great Synagogue and St. Bartholomew's Cathedral
Getting around Plzen
There are plenty of options for getting around Plzen. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Plzen Jizni Predmesti Station or Plzen Hlavni Station.
Staying in Plzen
With 20 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Plzen offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 18 hotels ranging from GBP 23 to GBP 86 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Courtyard By Marriott Pilsen, averaging GBP 94.43/night
- Angelo by Vienna House Pilsen, averaging GBP 106.93/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Hotel Roudna, averaging GBP 64.97/night
- PRIMAVERA Hotel & Congress centre, averaging GBP 59.25/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Courtyard By Marriott Pilsen with a 4.7 out of 5 user rating while angelo by Vienna House Pilsen and Hotel Roudna are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Plzen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the nighttime average
- About 22 millimetres of rain falls on Plzen each year