Visitors to Pierre are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and museums.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Pierre
- The closest major airport is in Pierre, SD (PIR-Pierre Regional), 3.1 mi (5.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Pierre
Notable city landmarks like Oahe Dam and Fighting Stallions Memorial might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and La Framboise Island. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are South Dakota State Capitol and South Dakota Discovery Center.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Pierre. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- My Place Hotel-Ft. Pierre, SD - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a business centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Fort Pierre - Conference Center - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Clubhouse Hotel & Suites Pierre - This 3.5-star hotel features a free water park, free breakfast and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Pierre
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -12°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Pierre is 508.30 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -11°C