Visitors can enjoy all that Peterhead has to offer including the waterfront, golf courses and art. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its spas. A top sight in the city is North Sea.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Peterhead
- The closest major airport is in Aberdeen (ABZ), 26.4 mi (42.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Peterhead
The city's natural beauty is on display at North Sea, Bullers of Buchan and Aden Country Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cruden Bay Golf Club and Peterhead Marina.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Peterhead. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Saplinbrae Hotel and Lodges - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Kilmarnock Arms Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Harbour Spring by Marston’s Inns - This 3.5-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Top places to visit in the area include Balmedie Country Park, 20 mi/32.1 km from the city centre, and Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre, which is 24.9 mi (40.1 km) away.
Dressing for Peterhead
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Peterhead gets about 29 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C