Posted 25-Aug-2015 on Wotif
- Staff not trained in emergency. There was a fire alarm at 11.30pm & we had to evacuate. There was no communication from staff during or after. No instructions - guest waited in the lobby & in front of the hotel. There were no explanation or apology, no "have a nice night". Upon enquiry, the day after, I was told the staff was mentally....and didn't finish the sentence. Not sure what that meant.
- Staff barged into a room with a guest in it by mistake in front of me, when they were showing me a room
- Cleaning staff didn't respect the "do not disburb" sign
- Rooms (I had 5 rooms over 7 nights over 2 stays - seecomments about noisy lifts) vary greatly in size & quality, all for a similar price. They will tell you that the first one was an upgrade. Some rooms are tiny & reminded me of a student room. Some bathrooms need retiling & regrouting
- and if you're a light sleeper, avoid any rooms near the lifts. Overall though what you want in a hotel is a quiet room, where you feel safe & secure.
Comment from Hotel Management
28-Aug-2015 by Nathan Baker, Hotel Management
Thanks M for the feedback, I am so sorry to hear about your previous stays with us. After any fire alarm activation we complete a post mortem of the event to see what we can do better. Your feedback and the video footage from the night to help assist our staff in training to improve in the future. We have ongoing training quarterly with all staff, this involves fire evacuation and emergency procedures. M, I can assure you this is an area we do not take lightly at Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth. Regarding room sizes we have 4 different room categories with over 19 different layouts, these do vary in size. I understand that our Guest Service Team have shown you a few on your previous stay to ensure that this is suitable to prevent any sleepless nights. I am pleased to advise that we have started a re-grouting processes as of mid-July that has now seen 30 rooms completed. This is a slow process and shall have this completed by the end of the year. M, I do thank you for your feedback as it is only though such feedback that we are able to improve on our standards.