A ground floor apartment in Cumbria with wonderful views of the local fells. A short drive to the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Cumbria is a wonderful county for a holiday with spectacular scenery that includes all the highest peaks in England. You will find no shortage of places to visit and things to do.
* Free wifi - internet - broadband
* Satellite Television via Freesat
* Modern Electric Heaters
* Lake District
* Yorkshire Dales
* North Pennines
* Great Views
* Easy access to the M6
* Only 40 minutes from the Scottish Border
* Two double bedrooms
* Lounge kitchen diner
* Bathroom with a bath and an electric shower
* Plenty of parking in the car park
* Local pub, Cross Keys Inn, Tebay only 8 minutes walk away - friendly welcome, great views of local countryside, meals served
The lounge has wonderful views from its large bay window. From the bedrooms at the back there are also great views of the Lune Valley Gorge. The property includes wifi internet as well as Freesat Satellite television.
* Keswick and Derwent Water in the centre of the Lake District are only 40 minutes drive from Tebay
* There are many places to visit that are very close to Tebay (and free of charge) such as Shap Abbey near Tebay. This is only 17 minutes drive from Tebay. The Coast to Coast Walk passes by Shap Abbey.
* Orton village is only 5 minutes' drive from Tebay. Here you will find a chocolate factory, Kennedy's Fine Chocolates.
* Kendal Castle is only 20 minutes' drive from Tebay. This is free to get in and has good views over Kendal
* Brough Castle, Church Brough, Cumbria is only 24 minutes by car from Tebay. It is free entry. There is parking near the castle in the village. Brough Castle also has an Ice Cream Parlour and Tearoom next to the site. There is a small play area.
* Keld Chapel, Keld Lane, Shap set picturesque country - 16 minutes from Tebay. This sixteenth-century chapel is thought to have once been the chantry for Shap Abbey.
* Smaredale Nature Reserve is 17 minutes by car from Tebay. It is free entry. It includes a footpath over a disused railway viaduct. To get to the car park drive along the A685 between Ravenstonedale and Kirkby Stephen and take the Smardale turning.
* Ullswater the second largest lake in the English Lake District - Pooley Bridge is 30 minutes from Tebay, Glenridding is 39 minutes from Tebay
* Kirkstone Pass is the Lake District's highest pass that is open to cars.
It has an altitude of 1,489 feet and connects Ambleside with Ullswater. It is about 50 minute's drive form Tebay.
* If you want to visit Scotland the border is only 40 minutes from Tebay. You might like to visit Moffat, Scotland (1 h 11 min from Tebay) and go to Grey Mare's Tail Nature Reserve
* Muncaster Castle is a privately owned castle overlooking the River Esk
(Muncaster Castle, Ravenglass CA18 1RQ ) this is a 1 hour 21 minutes from Tebay across the southern Lake District, so there are great views on the way. Muncaster Castle has views of the Esk Valley and Scafell Pike, England's highest mountain. Muncaster Castle has its own Hawk & Owl Centre in its grounds with sensational bird of prey flying displays twice daily in the main season. For entry prices please search Muncaster Castle on the internet.
* Haweswater Reservoir is only 32 minutes from Tebay, with spectacular views. There is a hotel and cafe (Haweswater Hotel) overlooking the water.
* Windermere is a large lake in Cumbria’s Lake District National Park and you can take boat trips from Bowness-on-Windermere, 38 mintes from Tebay
* Hadrian's Wall is only 1 hour from Tebay