Get an overview of this hotelColonial landmark in city center
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Near old and new
Opened in 1884, this all-suite historical hotel is within 1 km (0.6 miles) of the financial, entertainment, cultural, and historical districts in downtown Georgetown.
A 750-foot seafront promenade along the back of the hotel features outdoor dining options, a swimming pool, and historical monuments.
Butler and wireless Internet
All 232 suites have complimentary wireless Internet access and 24-hour butler service; all rooms are outfitted with timber flooring and marble bathrooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Eastern And Oriental Hotel
Eastern & Oriental Hotel has a sea-facing 750-foot (229-meter) promenade flanked by landscaped gardens. 4 cannons dating back to the 18th century are located along this stretch. An 82-foot (25-meter) swimming pool is complemented by a poolside bar and children's pool. 4 restaurants are on site, and buffet breakfast is available (surcharge). There is a health club onsite, as well as a 538-square-foot (50-square-meter) fitness center with connecting sauna, shower, and locker facilities. An on-site gift shop retails hotel merchandise, books, and other local souvenirs.
Eastern & Oriental Hotel has a 1400-seat ballroom and 14 smaller meeting rooms for up to 150 people. The butler service provides basic secretarial services including typing, printing, photocopying, and binding. There is also a 24-hour business center and 24-hour check-in. Free WiFi and wired Internet access is available throughout the hotel.
Complimentary self parking and valet parking are available, as well as a complimentary area shuttle. 24-hour airport transportation is also available for a surcharge.
- Express check-in
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Babysitting or childcare
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 14
- Year Built 1885
- Coffee shop or café
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Free valet parking
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Health club
- Free wired Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free area shuttle
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 4
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 232
- Number of floors - 16
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Free self parking, Free valet parking
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Room service (24 hours)
Where to Eat
The Sarkies Corner - Lobby-level casual restaurant. Serves à la carte menu of international and local cuisine for lunch and dinner. Buffets served on certain days. Full glass-paneled doors open out onto a veranda overlooking the sea. Open from early morning until late night daily.
1885 - Western restaurant. Serves dinner and traditional English afternoon tea. Gold-trimmed ceiling cornices, golden chandeliers, and a grand piano generate a fine-dining atmosphere. Private dining room available for up to 12 persons. Open daily (except Tuesdays) from evening until night for dinner, and mid-afternoon until early evening for tea.
The Bakery - Located at the entrance to The Sarkies Corner. Serves freshly baked cakes, pies, and pastries.
The Planters Lounge - A private lounge exclusively for guests staying in the Victory Annexe, serving breakfast, coffee, and tea throughout the day as well as evening cocktails from 5 PM to 6 PM. However, guests from both wings are welcome to dine at Planters Lounge and order from the à la carte menu.
Farquhar's Bar - Casual bar serving light pub snacks including tapas and other European and local savories. Sporting events are featured on several TVs. Offers an early evening happy hour. Open from early evening till past midnight.
Buffet breakfast is available for a surcharge.
Room service (24 hours).
Nearby Things to Do
The fitness center, facing the veranda and the sea, is 50 square meters (538 square feet) and has one treadmill, one bicycle, and a free-weights area. It also has separate male and female shower rooms with sauna and lockers. The fitness center opens out to the swimming pool area, and is open from early morning till late evening.
The 25-meter (82-foot) rectangular swimming pool is 1.2 meters (4 feet) deep has a small deck area overlooking the promenade and sea. There is also a children's pool and poolside bar. Drinks and snacks can also be ordered from the nearby restaurants.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Hot stone massage
- Number of treatment rooms 4
- Thai massage
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Sports massage
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for MYR 150.00 per night.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city and collected at the property. Exemptions or reductions might apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: MYR 3 per accommodation, per night
- A tax of MYR 10.00 per accommodation, per night is imposed by the country of Malaysia and collected at the property. Permanent residents and Malaysian nationals are exempt from the tax. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: MYR 68 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: MYR 116.60 per vehicle (one way)
- Rollaway bed fee: MYR 150.00 per night
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang
- Eastern Oriental Hotel Penang
- Eastern Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Penang
- Oriental Eastern
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern Oriental
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.