Visitors to Patras are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, cathedral and theatres.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodation options in Patras
- The closest major airport is in Patras (GPA-Araxos), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Patras
The city is notable for landmarks like Georgiou I Square, Psila Alonia Square and Saint Andrews Church. Exploring the port is a top activity, and Port of Patras is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Apollon Theatre and Patras Town Hall.
In West Achaea, you'll find 73 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Byzantino Hotel Patras - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Maison Grecque - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar and 24-hour room service.
- Marie Palace - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a coffee shop, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting around Patras
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Patras Train Station. Patras might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Patras
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Patras gets about 24 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 7°C