Visitors to Passau are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, its breweries and monuments. Top sights around the area include Spa Johannesbad and Haslinger Hof.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodation options in Passau
- The closest major airport is in Linz (LNZ-Hoersching), 40.7 mi (65.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Passau
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like St. Stephan's Cathedral, Veste Oberhaus Fortress, and Neue Bischoefliche Residenz. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Passau is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Oberhaus Museum and Alte Bischoefliche Residenz .
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 32 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Passau. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Passauer Wolf - This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar and a spa tub. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Koenig - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar.
- Das Hornsteiner - With a stay at this 3.5-star pension, guests can enjoy access to a sauna and a coffee shop, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Spa Johannesbad, 16.8 mi/27.1 km from the city centre, and Haslinger Hof, which is 17.4 mi/28 km away.
Getting around Passau
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Passau Central Station or Neustift Station. Passau may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Passau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Passau is 641 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C