non-smoking room upgraded to smoking room
The original room that I purchased on Expedia was too small. I should have checked for the square feet of the room before booking it. When we got there, my wife decided to pay an additional $100 Euro per day to upgrade to a spacious room, this was a vacation after all. The big room was really really nice except that the room is not smoking free. They didn't tell us that we were upgraded to a smoking room. If anyone is smoking in one of the rooms on the same floor, the second-hand smoke would be carried by the air conditioning system to all rooms in that floor. I had to pay to experience the 2nd-hand smoke. There were other things too. My overall advise are:
1. Make sure you know the size of the room before booking.
2. Tell them you don't want to be in the smoking floor unless you smoke and don't mind the 2nd-hand smoke.
3. They didn't make the morning wake-up call as they said they would for our morning flight, nor did they arrange the taxi we asked at the appointed time. Everything was delayed exactly 40 minutes. My friend experienced the delay on other trip (not the same hotel) to Paris too. So make sure you take that into account when arranging the taxi.
4. We didn't have breakfast or any meal at the hotel during the entire stay, so there is no comments on that.
5. They don't provide the free shampoo and conditioner. What they did was they send some Asian ladies to knock on doors on a daily basis to ask if you need it. And of course, what they really wanted are some tips.
Comment from Hotel Management
08-Jun-2016 by Benjamin Cornillet, Hotel Management
Dear Eric, I would like to apologize for the problems encountered, with the reception and the smoke issue. This is not according to our usual high standard of service we offer to our guests. Rest insured that I have transmitted all your comments to the concerned departments.
Managers of these departments will take care of all necessary corrective measures in order to make sure that this kind of situation will not happen again in the future.
On behalf of all Westminster Ambassadors, I would like to apologize for these discomforts. I hope that you will accept to give us another chance to change your perception of our hotel. Best regards,