Guests will appreciate the beaches, waterfalls and parks in Palmas. This lakefront city also attracts visitors with its theatres, shopping and coffeehouses.
- There are 10 Palmas hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas May is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Palmas (PMW-Brigadeiro Lysias Rodrigues), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Palmas
- Well-known for its theatres, whereas Espaco Cultural de Palmas is a popular attraction
- Notable landmarks include Serra do Lajeado, Memorial Coluna Prestes, and Praca dos Girassois
- The beaches, waterfalls and parks provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Cesamar Park, Praia do Caju, and Praia do Prata
- Shopping is first class in the area, and Shopping Palmas Mall is a favourite spot for retail therapy
Staying in Palmas
With 23 hotels and other accommodations in Palmas, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 10 hotels ranging from GBP 18 to GBP 79 per night.
For family trips or any other travel plans, consider a highly rated traditional hotel like Hotel Girassol Plaza.
You may enjoy one of these traveller-recommended, small-scale inns and unique properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Jalapao Hotel
- Hotel Arco Iris
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Hotel Girassol Plaza with a 4.5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Jalapao Hotel and Hotel Arco Iris are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Palmas
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 32°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 35°C during the day and 17°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 35°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 33°C as the daytime average and 22°C as the night-time average
- About 55 millimetres of rain falls on Palmas each year