Travellers give high marks for the beaches in Orihuela, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and spas. Top sights in the city include Zenia Boulevard Shopping Center and La Zenia Beach.
- There are 647 hotels and other accommodation options in Orihuela
- The closest major airport is in Corvera (RMU-Region de Murcia Intl.), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Alicante (ALC-Alicante Intl.), 24.4 mi (39.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Orihuela
The city is notable for landmarks like Orihuela Cathedral, Orihuela Castle and College of Santo Domingo. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: La Zenia Beach, Punta Prima Beach and Campoamor Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Zenia Boulevard Shopping Center and Villamartin Golf Club.
In Torrevieja, you'll find 647 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Rotonda Aparthotel - This 3-star hotel in Orihuela Costa features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and a health club. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and location.
- Hotel Servigroup La Zenia - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Orihuela Costa can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Montepiedra - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Orihuela Costa can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include La Mata Beach, 14.2 mi/22.9 km from the heart of the city, and Santa Maria Basilica, which is 18 mi/29 km away.
Getting around Orihuela
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Orihuela-Miguel Hernández Station. Orihuela might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Orihuela
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Orihuela gets about 285 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 5°C