Search Hotels in Olten
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Olten has to offer including the university setting, museums and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. A top sight in the area is Sole Uno.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Olten
- The closest major airport is in Basel (BSL-EuroAirport), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mulhouse (MLH-EuroAirport), 24.6 mi (39.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Olten
The city's cultural venues include Naturmuseum Olten and Kunstmuseum Olten. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you'll find Sole Uno in the area.
Below is a top-rated accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Olten Swiss Quality - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
Getting around Olten
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Olten Station. Olten might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Olten
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Olten each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C