Visiting Old Town Winchester
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Old Town Winchester, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the shopping, restaurants and bars. Walkable and welcoming, this city will also delight visitors with its cafes, dancing and live music.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 41.6 mi (67 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Old Town Winchester
- Live music and museums are well-known in the area, and attractions include Bright Box Theater, Old Court House Civil War Museum, and Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum
- Families come for attractions such as Wilson's Wild Animal Park, Appleland Sports Center, and Dinosaur Land
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit, including George Washington's Office, Stonewall Jackson's Headquarters, and Patsy Cline Historic House
- Shopping is first class in the area, and Apple Blossom Mall is a favourite spot for retail therapy
Staying in Old Town Winchester
Looking for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You might like The George Washington Hotel, A Wyndham Grand Hotel.
The George Washington Hotel, A Wyndham Grand Hotel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Old Town Winchester
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, while the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of -4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Old Town Winchester is 977 millimetres