History buffs will enjoy exploring Ohrid, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, monuments and temples.
- There are 64 hotels and other accommodation options in Ohrid
- The closest major airport is in Ohrid (OHD-St. Paul the Apostle), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ohrid
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Church of St. John at Kaneo, Saint Panteleimon, and Ohrid Amphitheater. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Lake Ohrid. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sveti Kliment Ohridski and Cyril and Methodius Statue.
In Orovnik, you can choose from 64 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Villa St. Sofija - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Varosh can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Grebnos Stonehouse Apartments - Our customers like the central location at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Varosh can enjoy access to free valet parking and concierge services, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Villa & Winery Mal Sveti Kliment - Guests who stay at this 4-star guesthouse in Varosh can enjoy access to a winery and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean rooms.
Dressing for Ohrid
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- About 741.50 millimetres of rain falls on Ohrid each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 0°C