Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Odessa, which is also known for its opera houses and cafes. This city also attracts tourists with its bars and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Arcadia Beach, City Garden and Potemkin Stairs.
- There are 340 hotels and other accommodation options in Odessa
- The closest major airport is in Odessa (ODS-Odessa Intl.), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Odessa
Well known for its opera, the city's cultural venues include Odessa National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet, Odessa Archaeological Museum and Odessa Academic Theater of the Musical Comedy. The city is notable for landmarks like Potemkin Stairs, Deribasovskaya Street and Lanzheronivska arch. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Arcadia Beach, City Garden and Lanzheron Beach.
In Burlacha Balka, you can choose from 340 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Il Decameron Luxury Design Hotel - This 5-star hotel in Odessa City Center features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its overall value and first-rate property condition.
- London Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Odessa City Center features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Palais Royal Hotel - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Odessa City Center can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Odessa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Odessa is 408 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -3°C