History buffs will enjoy exploring Oaxaca, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. Tourists who journey to this cultural city can discover its cathedrals, museums and art. Top sights in the city include Oaxaca Cathedral, Zocalo Square and Benito Juarez Market.
- There are 238 hotels and other accommodation options in Oaxaca
- The closest major airport is in Oaxaca, Oaxaca (OAX-Xoxocotlan Intl.), 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Oaxaca
Known for its museums, art and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Oaxaca Textile Museum, Museum of Oaxacan Painters and Manuel Alvarez Bravo Photography Center (CFMAB). Its cathedrals and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Oaxaca Cathedral, Zocalo Square and Monte Alban. The city's natural beauty is on display at Oaxaca Ethnobotanical Garden, El Llano Park and Benito Juarez National Park.
In Huajuapan, you'll find 238 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- El Callejón Hotel Boutique - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Centro can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Maria Ines Hotel Suite - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to the airport at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in San Agustín de las Juntas can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Palacio Borghese - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Centro can enjoy access to a restaurant and a business centre, along with a private spa tub. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Other top sights in Oaxaca include Benito Juarez Market.
Dressing for Oaxaca
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- About 1143.00 millimetres of rain falls on Oaxaca each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 9°C