Visitors will appreciate the restaurants, shopping, and monuments in Kuopio. This welcoming city also attracts visitors with its spas, beaches, and sporting events.
- There are 9 Kuopio hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Kuopio (KUO), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Kuopio
- Notable for its monuments and landmarks to visit including Kuopio Cathedral, Puijo Tower, and Rauhalahti Smoke Sauna
- The university is a highlight and University of Kuopio is worth a campus tour
Getting around Kuopio
Kuopio has many options for getting around. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Kuopio Station.
Staying in Kuopio
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Kuopio has 9 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 9 hotels ranging from GBP 26 to GBP 120 per night. Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Original Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi, averaging GBP 150.39/night
- Scandic Kuopio, averaging GBP 140.25/night
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Rantasipi Atlas, averaging GBP 114.36/night
- Best Western Hotel Savonia, averaging GBP 86.36/night
Original Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.4 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Rantasipi Atlas and Scandic Kuopio.
Dressing for Kuopio
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 2°C during the day and -15°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, while the average at night is -5°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 22°C with nighttime averages of 5°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 9°C and nighttime averages of -12°C
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Kuopio each year