Visiting Nisyros Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Nisyros Island has to offer including the volcano viewpoints and museums. Top sights around the area include Paradise Beach and Kefalos Beach.
- There are 146 hotels and other accommodation options in Nisyros Island
- The closest major airport is in Kos (KGS-Kos Island Intl.), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kalymnos (JKL-Kalymnos Island National), 28.3 mi (45.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nisyros Island
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Paradise Beach and Kefalos Beach. Additionally, you'll find Kardamena Port and Kamari Beach in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Nisyros Island, you might not find accommodation options centrally located, but you can choose from 146 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Ikos Aria - All Inclusive is located 15.2 mi (24.5 km) from the heart of Nisyros Island. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Kos can enjoy access to 5 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Neptune Hotels Resort, Convention Centre & Spa is 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from central Nisyros Island. This 5-star hotel in Kos features 4 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and a free water park. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa - All Inclusive is 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from the centre of Nisyros Island. This 5-star resort in Kos features 12 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and a water park. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Nisyros Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 9°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Nisyros Island is 574.40 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°C