Traditional Japanese Ryokan..but large
Located in Kinugawa Onsen, about 45 minutes by frequent local train from the Nikko historical area.
- easy to get to from Tokyo by Tobu Limited Express train
- shuttle bus meets the express trains
- warm welcome from staff (some English language skills, especially in the dining room)
- lovely, immaculate, large comfortable Japanese style room, but with Western beds and bathroom
- views over the Kinugawa Gorge
- large hot spring baths
- buffet breakfast and dinner that had some of the best food offerings I have ever eaten in Japan
- very reasonable room tariff
- air con plus the option to open the door onto the verandah if you like fresh air.
- hotel is about 15 minute walk or 5 minute shuttle bus (yen 190) trip from the station
- the town has a modern shopping area around the station, but there are a lot of old/abandoned hotels in the town. It's not the prettiest place in the world.
- if you want to stay in Nikko itself, this is a train/bus trip away.
Comment from Hotel Management
03-Mar-2018 by kinugawa onsen hotel, Hotel Management
Thank you for your staying with Kinugawa Onsen Hotel.
I hope you enjoy the sightseeing of Nikko.
We glad that you can experience Japanese culture in our hotel.
We look forward to your next visit and appreciate your comments at this time.