Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 20 Sep 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Nieuwvliet has to offer including its beaches. Around the area, top sights include Basilica of the Holy Blood (Heilig Bloed Basiliek), Bruges Market Square (Grote Markt) and Bruges Belfry (Belfort).
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Nieuwvliet
- The closest major airport is in Ostende (OST-Ostend-Bruges Intl.), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Nieuwvliet
A favourite place to visit in the city is Nieuwvliet Beach. In the area, you'll also find Basilica of the Holy Blood (Heilig Bloed Basiliek) and Bruges Market Square (Grote Markt).
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Nieuwvliet. This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fletcher Hotel Nieuwvliet Bad - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
Top places to see outside the city include Bruges Belfry (Belfort), 15.5 mi/24.9 km from the heart of the city, and Groeningemuseum, which is 15.6 mi (25 km) away.
Dressing for Nieuwvliet
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Nieuwvliet gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C