Visitors to Newport are sure to enjoy the gardens and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and seaside. Around the area, top sights include Spinnaker Tower, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and Gunwharf Quays.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Newport
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 24.2 mi (38.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newport
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Carisbrooke Castle, St. Thomas Church, and Calbourne Water Mill. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Seaclose Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Owl and Monkey Haven and Robin Hill.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Newport. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- One Holyrood - Amenities in this 3-star B&B guestroom include free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Castle Lodge Guest House - Our customers love the helpful staff and proximity to public transport at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free parking and in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Newport Quay Bed and Breakfast - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Spinnaker Tower, located 10.5 mi (16.8 km) from the city centre, and Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, which is 10.6 mi/17.1 km away.
Dressing for Newport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Newport each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C