Book your room at The Chanler at Cliff Walk
Get an overview of this hotelOcean-view hotel with a bar/lounge, near International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum
Collect 200 points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when prompted. Your points will be credited 30 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Located in Newport, this beachfront hotel is in the city center and within a 15-minute walk of Easton's Beach and International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum. Touro Synagogue and The Breakers are also within 2 mi (3 km).
Guests at this beach hotel will appreciate convenient onsite amenities such as airport transportation and complimentary wireless Internet access.
All 20 individually decorated rooms feature free WiFi and pillowtop beds. Guests can enjoy fireplaces, and other standard amenities include 24-hour room service, DVD players, and flat-screen TVs.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
The Chanler at Cliff Walk117 Memorial Boulevard Newport RI 02840
You'll be playing in the surf in no time with a free ride on the hotel's complimentary beach shuttle. Spend the day at the beach and work on your tan in the sun loungers (chaise longues) or kick back in the shade with cabanas (surcharge) and umbrellas.
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. This Victorian hotel also offers a garden and a terrace. Onsite valet parking is complimentary.
The Chanler at Cliff Walk is a smoke-free property.
- Meeting rooms 2
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Free valet parking
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Conference space
- Spa services on site
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Free beach shuttle
- Airport transportation
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 3
- Total number of rooms - 20
- Beach towels
- Beach cabanas (surcharge)
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 282
- Smoke-free property
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Year Built 1873
- Free area shuttle
- Conference space size (feet) - 3037
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- DVD player
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free valet parking
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Minibar (stocked, some free items)
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- DVD player
- Individually decorated
- In-room massage available
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Turndown service
- Room service (24 hours)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Individually furnished
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Breakfast is available for a surcharge and served each morning between 7:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Spiced Pear - Overlooking the ocean, this fine-dining restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
The Terrace (Seasonal) - Overlooking the ocean, this bistro specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and light fare. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available.
The Veranda - Overlooking the ocean, this bistro specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 3 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Chanler Cliff Walk
- Chanler Cliff Walk Inn
- Chanler Cliff Walk Inn Newport
- Chanler Cliff Walk Newport
- Cliff Chanler
- Chanler Cliff Walk Hotel Newport
- Chanler Cliff Walk Hotel
- The Chanler At Cliff Walk Hotel Newport
- Chanler At Cliff Walk Newport
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Chanler at Cliff Walk is listed in the 2015 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2015 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.