Get an overview of this hotel4-star Riverside hotel near Castle Keep
Collecting Nectar Points
Special Offer: Book by 7 February 2018 and collect double Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Located in the heart of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, this hotel is within a 15-minute walk of Sage Gateshead, Castle Keep and Quayside. Gateshead Millennium Bridge and Tyne Bridge are also within 15 minutes.
Along with 2 restaurants, this smoke-free hotel has a fitness centre and a bar/lounge. Additionally, WiFi in public areas, coffee/tea in a common area and 24-hour room service are on-site.
All 156 properties offer WiFi, 24-hour room service and cable. Minibars, coffee/tea makers and hairdryers are among the other amenities available to guests.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Copthorne Hotel Newcastle
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Wireless Internet access is available at a surcharge. This business-friendly hotel also offers a fitness centre, tour or ticket assistance and coffee/tea in common area. Concierge services and wedding services can be provided. Parking is available on-site at a surcharge.
Copthorne Hotel Newcastle is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 11
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Television in common areas
- Total number of rooms - 156
- Number of floors - 6
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( GBP 5 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( GBP 5.00 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Pay movies
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Cable TV service
Where to Eat
Copthorne Hotel Newcastle has 2 restaurants serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 5 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: GBP8.99 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 5 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: GBP 5.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self-parking fee: GBP9.00 per night
- Copthorne Hotel Newcastle Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Copthorne Hotel Newcastle
We should mention
Children aged 5 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.