A old hotel getting very tired
Posted 02-May-2016 on Wotif
1. dangerous road access to the hotel.
2. public areas such as access from car-park to hotel shabby boarding on dirty and unkempt.
3. no fresh air in the corridors to rooms as a result smells musty.
4. bed was good, but carpets looked as though they needed a good steam clean and vacuum.
5.bathroom also very tired for a 4 star hotel
6. no provision for secure bike lock-up. I have a $6,000 mountain bike and I had to struggle up the stairs.
7. no porterage
8.Generally I felt the hotel was desperate to make money at the expense of the clients comfort
9. Perhaps a weekly QA check should be carried out to make sure cleaning staff are cleaning and reporting breakages etc.. (I had to point out to the male receptionist that a draw was broken (not by me).
The meals were ok but nothing special - it is as though there is no pride in the place.
Comment from Hotel Management
06-May-2016 by Grant (Manager), Hotel Management
Thankyou for taking the time to provide all this valuable feedback. We aim to provide a very competitively priced, clean and comfortable stay and I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion. You may have noticed during your stay that we are in the process of a refurbishment and am confident that guests will enjoy this changes as they are complete.