Get an overview of this hotel Family-friendly New York hotel in Upper East Side, walk to Central Park
This family-friendly New York hotel is located in the historical district, within a 5-minute walk of Madison Avenue, Central Park and 5th Avenue. Central Park Zoo and Tiffany & Co. are also within 10 minutes. 5 Av.- 60 St. Station is 5 minutes by foot and Lexington Av.-59 St. Station is 6 minutes.
Along with 4 restaurants, this smoke-free hotel has a fitness centre and a bar/lounge. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a 24-hour business centre, valet parking and 24-hour room service.
All 74 individually decorated rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet and iPod docks. Guests can enjoy deep soaking bathtubs, and other standard amenities include 24-hour room service, DVD players and flat-screen TVs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 4 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business centre and a limo/town car service.
Public areas are equipped with complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness centre, a library and a terrace. On-site parking is available (surcharge).
The Lowell is a smoke-free property.
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built – 1927
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 4
- 24-hour business centre
- Concierge services
- Banquet hall
- Total number of rooms - 74
- Number of floors - 17
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Microwave (on request)
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Number of bathrooms -
- iPod docking station
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- In-room safe
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 10:30 AM.
Pembroke Room – This restaurant specialises in American cuisine and serves breakfast and brunch.
Majorelle – Overlooking the garden, this fine-dining restaurant specialises in French cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). Reservations are required. Open selected days.
Jacques Bar – This cocktail bar specialises in Mediterranean cuisine and serves lunch, dinner and light fare. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
The Club Room – This cocktail bar overlooks the garden and specialises in French cuisine. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
Start your morning with a full breakfast, available each day from 7 AM to 10:30 AM for a surcharge. You can order up room service around the clock.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them in the special requests field on the booking page after selecting your room.
- Wheelchair-accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Assistive listening devices available
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at 1:30 AM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 60.0 per night.
- Free cots (infant beds)!
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of USD 200 per accommodation, per stay.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Only service animals are allowed
Debit cards not accepted
- Breakfast fee: between USD 34 and USD 89 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 200 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 60.0 per night
- Lowell Hotel New York
- Lowell Hotel
- Lowell New York
- The Lowell Hotel
- The Lowell New York
- The Lowell Hotel New York
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.