Get an overview of this hotelIconic midtown art deco hotel with spacious suites and amazing views.
Collect 200 points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when prompted. Your points will be credited 30 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Steps from Central Park
Housed in an iconic Art Deco building from 1931, JW Marriott Essex House overlooks the south gate of Central Park, a 6-minute walk from Columbus Circle Subway Station. Guests can walk to Carnegie Hall in 5 minutes and ride the F train to Rockefeller Plaza in 10.
Food with a view
With views of Central Park, Southgate Bar & Restaurant offers innovative plates that feature French influenced American comfort food. After a day pounding the streets of the Big Apple, a foot massage at PRIMP Spa Services may be just what’s required. WiFi is available in public areas (surcharge), and there’s a fitness center equipped with Technogym® machines.
Smoke-free guestrooms have iPod® docks and 46-inch LCD TVs with premium movie channels. Each room features a desk and a comfy bed with a pillowtop mattress. Some rooms boast postcard-perfect Central Park views, and WiFi is available.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
JW Marriott Essex House New York160 Central Park S New York NY 10019
In addition to a full-service spa, the Art Deco styled JW Marriott Essex House New York features a health club and a spa tub. The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge.
Business-related amenities at this 4.5-star property consist of a 24-hour business center, 11,592 sq. feet (1077 sq. meters) of conference space, and Limo or Town Car service. This luxury hotel also offers a sauna, a steam room, and tour/ticket assistance. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
JW Marriott Essex House New York is a smoke-free property.
- Steam room
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 511
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Year Built 1931
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 40
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Concierge services
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 11592
- Conference center
- Conference space size (meters) - 1077
- Number of meeting rooms - 23
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 16.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 16.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 16.95 per stay ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 16.95 per stay )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Pillowtop mattress
- iPod docking station
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Down comforter
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The JW Marriott Essex House New York features an on-site restaurant with a bar, as well as 24-hour room service.
SOUTHGATE Restaurant - This restaurant offers specialties from American cuisine. Guests can relax with a drink at the bar.
The hotel has a brand new Digital Internet TV system, which allows users to stream content from major internet television and movie providers.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational options at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center with steam room and sauna and two spa treatment rooms. Running trails are located in nearby Central Park.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, Primp. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. The spa is equipped with a sauna and a steam room. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and hydrotherapy.
- Steam room in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make special requests for accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 150 per pet, per stay
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 35.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 16.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 16.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 16.95 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 16.95 per stay (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 68.00 per day
- Pet fee: USD 150 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75.00 per night
- Essex House
- Essex House JW Marriott
- JW Marriott Essex House
- JW Marriott Essex House Hotel
- JW Marriott Essex House Hotel New York
- JW Marriott Essex House New York
- JW Marriott Essex New York
- JW Marriott House New York
- JW Marriott New York
- JW Marriott New York Essex House
- JW Marriott Essex House New York Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.